Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weigh-in and horrible doctors appt and potential TMI.........

So still hanging around at 241.2 so sadly no loss to report.......I think this might be due to TOM.

On to the TMI - but since Drazil brings up things like women's annuals etc on BYOC - I will put this out there :) So I had my yearly yesterday....  Which I scheduled forever ago and of course, I start spotting the morning of...  BTW I take BC pills straight through to prevent periods/bleeding.  So this is not supposed to happen and bad timing. Well the Dr. has a student MA working with her so the dr says it is still ok to do the PAP - we all know how that goes so the dr does her thing leaves the room and the student MA is just standing there with my swabs/cultures and goes "well nobody ever showed me how to prep these so I guess I will try my best" WTH?!?! this was prefaced by me getting a tetanus shot and her saying "If it looks like I don't know what I am doing, it is because I don't" I shoulda ran at that point ...... Soooooo, I am thinking abnormal pap for sure and a redo! AHHHHHHHHHH!

I loved my PCP until yesterday but man I am considering changing offices... I felt bad but I called and complained. 

Side note, I have to schedule another visit with her to discuss my surgery because apparently other issues cannot be discussed during a well women exam per the insurance. Another AHHHHHHHH! 

Happy Thursday all :)

8 comments:

  1. That sounds really miserable - so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful, sorry to hear about that, I work in the Medical field and that is NOT acceptable treatment on any level.

    I apologize to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, some doctors have gotten to be too much. I finally found one who wants to address any and all issues you're having in one appointment to save on co-pays. Took forever but there are still some good docs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Seems not very professional to leave a med student unattended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrible! I'm lucky to make myself go every year - let alone twice! No way, Jose!! And no asking other questions because of insurance is a crock!! I have to find a new gyno for next year. I had two bad experiences at this one. The first visit the NP left me up in stirrups to get a smaller speculum (uhh....cover please???) and then the last time I was there, the same NP was rather forceful, saying my "cervix was hiding" and she needed to, "force it out." I was thinking, "it is scared of you, you crazed barbarian!" Myself and my sneaky cervix will go elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. I get the idea of training new doctors or whatever this person was... but they need to hush when it comes to not being experienced. Patients do not need to hear that stuff about them not knowing what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doctors suck. I'm glad I only go once a year. I'd rather my face swell to the size of the Goodyear Blimp rather than go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww sorry to hear about such a horrible experience... time to go doctor shopping. Looking forward to following a fellow Summer 2011 banded sister!!

    http://fatfishskinnysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete