Friday, August 26, 2011

BYOC


BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – 5 little questions you can copy and paste to your own blog in an effort to get to know your fellow bloggers better and to give your blogging brain a break.

Enjoy!

1. What is your blog theme and how did you pick your blog name?
My theme is my Lap Band/Weight Loss Journey.  I picked inside v. outside because I am a completely different looking person in mind – then I got to the mirror and don’t see how I feel at all. I love funky florals and Jen at Just Foolin Blog Designs designed this awesome blog that I have now.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to name a person not knowing anything about this person in your life or even if they exist and you need to try to describe them in five words/phrases.

Female neighbor two homes/doors down to the left

That 
Is
A
Vacant 
House

3. Which do you hate more? Spiders or snakes. Elliptical or treadmill. Hannah Montana or Lindsay Lohan.

SPIDERS are TERRIFYING!!!!!!

Elliptical – I like a high incline on the treadmill…...

I would say Lindsey but with a 9 year old girl I am subjected to Hannah far more.


4. Completely selfish question…I need a dress for Chicago…keep in mind I live in Podunk so the options of physically going into a vast array of stores is VERY limited. (thank God for the internet) When you need something fancy/a dress – what is your go to store and why?

I usually do Macy’s or Nordstrom.  They have a good selection of nice dresses and have a lot of the same in both plus and reg size so if I really like something they sometime have it in the overly chunky section :)

5. Repeat question: How was your week in blog land and in real life?
Blog land is great as always!  Thanks to all the new followers and to all of you that comment and provide support/advice etc.  I am working on becoming more interesting.

Real life is real life lol……  Work is work – I have been here for 12 years and I hate it J  I started a Masters program online yesterday so that is pretty exciting.  It is for health care administration.  I would love more than anything to be a hospice nurse but that has to be put on the back burner for now…. I am just not at a place when I can quit work to go to school.  SO I am excited to move myself out of the rut I have been in.
I am obsessing over this liver issue.  I just don’t get it…..  I had to have a follow-up call with the Dr. because she is failing to recognize that everything was ok in my blood work prior to surgery.  So she got the labs from the surgeon and now she sees my point.  Her response “this is odd”…   I am not a drinker or a drug user (after being asked that 3 times by the Dr./Surgeons office).   I think most of all it is really frustrating because I was fine going into surgery, I didn’t have surgery b/c I had issues, I did it to prevent issues!!!  So it is just really irritating to FINALLY see the scale moving in the right direction and now there is a health issue.  That’s life I suppose!!  So sorry for another rant!  

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm I forgot all about Nordstrom! I should check them online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you started blogging! :) I'm praying everything comes back okay with your liver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they are finally listening to you about your body. It amazes me how physicians never want to listen. We know our bodies better than they ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh...I hope things turn out ok. Keep us updated! I'll do some looking on my own to see if I can find any info for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your funky florals....I hope you get an answer from your doc soon!

    ReplyDelete