Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ramblings.....

First of all - THANK YOU to everyone who is following me!  I appreciate it!  All the bloggers out there are an amazing support system!

As each day goes by I become more convinced that I made the right decision in having this surgery.  I must admit the first weeks I started to doubt myself!  I still have a fear that this will not work but I have to put my all in to it.

I am still unsure how to eat.  I don't think that I have had more that 400 cals a day since surgery.  I go back to solid food on Thursday so I am hoping that will help get the number up.  My insurance company provides nutrition counseling and therapy for WLS patients.  I am waiting on referrals but I am planning to take advantage of both.  I knew that I had a food addiction but I never really realized how much until I eliminated it.  I have no other addictions. I don't smoke, rarely if ever drink, etc.  Food was my one soothing thing....  Most people who know me questioned me having the surgery because I eat very health and small portions..... ummmm.... that is in public.  I binged at night, alone, at home - I would look forward to everything that I could shove in my mouth when I got home.  In public, I was always super conscious of what I ate, how much and so on.  Scary actually putting this down in writing!!

I am scared that when it comes to working out - I may fail.  I know that I cannot allow myself to do that but I have lost motivation so many times in the past.  I look forward to hitting the gym - my port incision has yet to close!!  It is starting to worry me a bit but I do tend to heal slowly so hopefully soon!

I am very proud of myself that I have made it this far!  :) I can already see the positive effects that this has had on my family!  My husband has been awesome through recovery!!! Both my husband and my daughter are eating slower and healthier.  We are having longer dinners and more time at the table together.  It is the small things like this that make me feel good about my choice.

On an unrelated side note - I cannot believe that my baby is going to be starting 4th grade in 3 weeks.  We were looking for her new backpack and I had a mini meltdown when she told me how un-cool character backpacks are... SIGH! 

Have a lovely night all :)

6 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed and thrilled at the support and love that this blog community has for eachother! And, no matter where we all are in this journey, we're all learning - and that is a good thing!

    I am glad that you're proud of how far you've come - and I'm proud of YOU! Know that we're all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing fantastically well, keep it up!
    Your daughter is gorgeous and very like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, my port incision isn't healed either, and I was a day after you. The middle of it is closed, but open on both sides. It is tough to admit what you did, but I think in the long run, admitting these tough things will help us to be successful.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth! I am your newest Follower! I am reading up on your blog now, and just wanted to tell you that I was and still am to some extent (I know....bad Debi!) a closet eater too! But if you can keep up your will power, you will be able to over come it! So many do, and you can too! I just wish that I still had that kind of will power! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog! Welcome to Bandland...there's definitely a learning curve associated with it.

    BTW, I'm in Phoenix too!

    ReplyDelete